It has many other flavors:
Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
1. Simply right click the folder or file and select Unlocker
2. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear
3. Simply click Unlock All and you are done!
Of course I only compare here the unlocking features. Process Explorer and Take Control are very good programs featuring much more things than just unlocking folders. The goal of this list is not really to pretend Unlocker is better but instead to provide a list of all other alternative programs in case you have some difficulties with Unlocker.
Line / GUI
by Cedrick Collomb
by Crystal Rich
by Zoltan Csizmadia
by Computers In Motion
|Advanced Process Manipulation
by Tony Shaftel
|czSweep Cookie Boss 1.31
by Frank Kotasek
by James A. Lawler
|Del FXP files
by JRT Wine Software
|Locked Files Wizard / Copylock
by Noel Danjou
by Gibin Software House
by Kevin Solway
Unlocker is completely free and will always remain free, which means you can use it free of charge for any purposes. If you are satisfied with Unlocker and want to help Unlocker improve or motivate the development of other quality programs, any amount of donation small or large will be welcome and gratefully appreciated.
This award winning software starts by conducting a deep scan of your registry, checking for file extension errors and other registry conflicts. With RegistryBooster you will see immediate increases in performance and decreases in systemt conflicts.
MD5: 33408f35623dc5bb4a3bde09fa45f86b / SHA1: 73c98f1721958026beb496bfcf15fb9a28b3b7a0
MD5: 8f7da0d01afd03a1e366a72c231fb3fc / SHA1: e8abf005d2f7658f81b1ed29a0c426f9a63637f2
Unlocker 1.9.2 for 32 and 64 bit - 5/16/2013
- Improved Installer: Universal installer for both 32 and 64 bit machines
- Fixed Bug: Fixed small memory and behavior bugs
- Promotional feature: Fully optional Delta toolbar.
- My antivirus complains about Unlocker, is there any malware? No, Unlocker will always be 100% safe, check my blog for more info.
- Unlocker stopped working, what should I do? Uninstall Unlocker, reboot, delete all registry keys containing Unlocker, reboot, reinstall.
- Your site was down, is there an official mirror somewhere? http://cedrick.collomb.perso.sfr.fr/unlocker/ and I am working on a more robust long term solution.
- Does unlocker work on Windows Vista and Windows 7? Yes. If you want to disable UAC globally, go to "Control Panel" then "User Accounts" then again "User Accounts" then "Turn User Account Control" and set it to Off, then restart your computer.
- Does unlocker work on 64 bit versions of Windows? Yes, since version 1.9.0.
- Can Unlocker be run in command line? Yes! Unlocker -H for command line options.
- What is "Error Debug Privileges"? It means that your Local Security Settings do not allow a Debug Privilege for your profile. Read Microsoft's documentation and set "Debug Programs" rights.
- What is "Error Backup Privileges"? It means that your Local Security Settings do not allow a Backup Privilege for your profile. Read Microsoft's documentation and set "Back up files and directories" rights.
- How to set privileges on Windows XP home edition? Download the resource kit here and from the command line set the privileges you need: SeBackupPrivilege, SeDebugPrivilege and SeLoadDriverPrivilege. Here is the example for the debug privileges: ntrights +r SeDebugPrivilege -u YourAccountName
- How to have Unlocker Explorer extension run in silent mode? I strongly advise not to use this, you should always look which processes lock a file, because some of them might be valid. However if you wish to ignore those recommendations install this in your registry.
- How to delete index.dat? It is very simple: 1/ in explorer right click the index.dat file and chose Unlocker, 2/ Select "Delete" in left bottom corner, 3/ click "Unlock All" and you are done!
- I unlock all handles but I still can not manually delete the file, and when I try again to unlock the file unlocker find again some locks, what should I do? Select "Delete" before clicking "Unlock All".
- Why do my firewall says that Unlocker is trying to connect to the internet? Since Unlocker 1.6.5, during installation you have an option to automatically check for updates. Reinstall Unlocker without this option if you want to turn it off. For those curious Unlocker is only sending "GET /unlocker/version.txt HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: www.emptyloop.com\r\n" and nothing else.
- How to translate Unlocker in my language? Download this file, translate it and email it at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is this website "http://www.pcbutts1.com/" authorised to distribute Unlocker? No it is not.
- What is Unlocker Assistant? Unlocker Assistant stays in your system tray bar and automatically launches Unlocker if you are trying to delete/rename/move a file that is locked. So for those who use Unlocker Assistant, no need to right click files or folders anymore. This feature can be deactivated during the install.
- Which visual style is used in the screenshots? Crystal dlb 2