Another example of Linux not being ready for mass market. If you want to update to the latest version of a software, if it is not yet supported in the default repositories you are on your own. And contrary to windows, it is not as simple as downloading and running a setup program.
- Click your “Menu” button then “Administration” then”Run Synaptic Package Manager”
- Click the “Settings” menu and then click “Repositories”
- Go to the “Other Software” tab, click “Add” and put “deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu precise main” without the quotes in the text box
- Click the “Edit” menu and “Reload package information”
- Enter “Wine” without quotes in the search box.
- If you have already had wine installed, right click wine, mark for upgrade, and click the big “Apply” button.
- If you did not have wine installed, right click wine, mark for install, and click the big apply “Apply” button.